Washington County Community Development Agency is a go-to resource for information, incentives, technical assistance and development opportunities. Our focus is on business retention and expansion, along with bringing investment into the county and supporting quality of life initiatives.
Why Washington County
There are many reasons for businesses to locate here, including:
- Washington County has talent and available land ranging from 5 to 300 acres!
- Washington County has the 3rd lowest property tax for all Minnesota Counties!
- Washington County is the 3rd fastest growing county in Minnesota!
- 100,000 people leave the county for work every day, creating opportunities for relocating businesses to recruit local talent.
- We’re projecting a 65 percent growth in the number of 25 to 34-year-olds living in the county between 2020 - 2030, ensuring a strong workforce pipeline for growing businesses!
- We’re within 30 minutes of Minnesota’s 18 Fortune 500 companies
- If you live here, you are on vacation every day at 4:30 - there’s so much to do!
Washington County is comprised of 33 charming and pro-business communities. Locating in any one of them makes it easy to operate in the East Metro of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Region. Our communities are diverse and benefit access to beautiful lakes, rivers and natural areas - some of the things that attract many families and workers to our area. Businesses choose to locate here for our available commercial space, low traffic, skilled workforce, strong industry clusters and easy access to both the international airport and Minneapolis/St. Paul. After all, where else can you get a 40-acre parcel that is 15 minutes from the airport!
We provide direct support to businesses looking to grow in the East Metro, along with the site selectors who represent them. Our support can be as comprehensive as gathering detailed demographic and workforce reports to helping site selectors identify available properties to assisting businesses with permitting needs or in obtaining financial incentives.
Whatever a business or community needs to succeed in Washington County, we are here to help provide it, including:
- Technical and financial assistance
- Provide feasibility studies
- Develop infrastructure.
- Business program offering free assistance to entrepreneurs and access for $10 million revolving loan fund.