SizeUp Your Business in Washington County
Monday, April 04, 2022
In today’s economy, small businesses need every competitive advantage they can find. Washington County Community Development Agency is pleased to provide the ultimate tool to deliver that advantage for free to its local businesses…SizeUp!
SizeUp is a powerful tool small companies can use to benchmark and rank their performance against industry competitors. SizeUp brings the power of big data to Washington County’s small business community, leveling the competitive business playing field by providing local businesses with easily understandable market research based on big data, algorithm-based analysis and super-computing.
For years, large corporations could afford to hire management consultants and research analysts to gain insights through massive data collection to plan a path for their success. That path was often cost-prohibitive for small businesses, leaving them informationally disadvantaged because they were unable to access, afford or understand the same critical business intelligence.
Today, the exact tool small businesses need to be competitive is readily available - SizeUp!
SizeUp helps small businesses learn more about their current standing, answering significant questions like:
- Do I make more or less money than my competitors?
- Am I paying my employees more or less than my competitors?
- Is my business in a growing or declining industry?
Businesses utilizing SizeUp become empowered to venture into new opportunities by:
- Comparing business performance to industry competitors across multiple performance indicators to create a benchmark through a comprehensive analysis encompassing millions of data points.
- Discovering potential customers, suppliers and competitors through regional mapping techniques.
- Determining optimal targeted advertising based on industry and demographic characteristics of the ideal customer.
Other key features include:
- An interactive, up-to-date demographics map to analyze key factors like labor force and consumer expenditure data based on hundreds of variables.
- A user-friendly and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate and use without training.
- The ability to cache previous search data for users to refer to later.
Get started today on the Washington County CDA website. Begin by entering an industry and city and then drill down deeper with more specific information to deliver detailed information in several tabs:
Users compare their specific information like annual revenue, average worker salary, number of employees and local turnover with area competitors in a visually striking report.
Regional competitors, potential customers and suppliers are identified to map local patterns for hundreds of wide-ranging consumer expenditure categories.
Business owners can choose where to target advertising based on total revenue, revenue per capita, most underserved markets, average revenue, total employees or household income.
Users can create reports of demographic overviews, consumer expenditures and labor force in a tight radius around a specific address or as wide as a county or metro area.